Sunday, August 21, 2011

Day one

Hi there. My name is Pascual and I'm a fat guy. I wouldn't say I'm morbidly obese; in fact, I'd like to think I'm fairly attractive, if mostly in the face. At least my insanely pretty wife thinks so.
The reason I'm here is because I've spent a good part of my adult life as an overweight male and have taken a few trips into the world of weight loss, with varied results.
The first time I took it seriously, I was 27 years old and probably about 290 lbs. I say "probably" because I never really weighed myself. Regardless, I had about a 42-44 inch waist size and I hated having my picture taken. I was working in TV, and anyone who's familiar with production will know that it's very easy to gain weight with the deadly combination of craft services and catering that are constantly at your fingertips. That, coupled with the fact that my job was usually at a desk in the production office, and you've got the best recipe for weight gain. At least, according to "experts", that's what it takes.
Anyway, to cut to the chase, I read a couple books by a fellow named Gary Taubes and decided to apply some of his logic to my diet. KEEP IN MIND, his books are not diet books. They're science books about adiposity. The thing is, I was at a point in my life where I'd try anything just to see how well it worked.
Well, in the month approaching my wedding, I applied the principles laid forth in these books and they worked to the tune of 16 lbs. This is all fine and dandy except I slipped afterward. So here I am, at 271 lbs, ready to make it work.
This blog is chronicling my journey from here on out. My goal is to lose the flab, but who knows what's going to happen. The point is that I'm going to blog every day and Vlog every week. Day 1 underway...

No comments:

Post a Comment