Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's finally going according to plan...

251.1 pounds of excellence, thank you very much.
   I hit a plateau this week, but I broke it with a vengeance.  As of my last post, I got my weight down below the plateau but as it turns out I still fluctuated right back into the range it was stalling in.  I stuck to my guns and kept my resolve, and it paid off.  This weekend I have been eating like shit and drinking beer (light beer, mind you), so I'm probably stalled a little right now, but the numbers don't lie.

So, as I enter the new week with a good amount of motivation, a lot of things are occurring to me.  For one, I'm going to have to buy all new clothes.  Pants are already getting loose on me and my shirts are starting to fit like crap.  Unfortunately I don't really know what size shirt to buy anymore because I have really big, broad shoulders and a barrel chest, but the shrinking stomach is starting to leave my t-shirts looking like a ghost from Pac-Man or something.


Fuck you, reality!
Secondly, the psychology of weight loss is interesting.  I was walking around the house in a tank top the other day feeling lean and mean, when I caught a glimpse of my love handles in the mirror.  It's really annoying because I'm just trying to enjoy my success and reality is trying to tell me "Less fat is not thin".  Shut your whore mouth, reality.  I look great in a tank top.

Needless to say, I won't be going sleeveless for a while.
Anyway, that's my story for the week.  I might be here tomorrow if the Packers game goes long and I need to bitch about my willing consumption of beer.

Cheers.

1 comment: