Friday, October 14, 2011

30 Pounds of Fuck You

I'll post a progress picture on Sunday (my weigh-in day), but I just wanted to report in that since my highest weight this last summer, I've lost at least 30 lbs.  Though I started this blog in the high-270s, I can assure you that I was at least 281+ at the peak (yuck).  This is something I'm pretty excited about as it has really demonstrated an impressive level of effectiveness while still enjoying a fairly flexible and non-regimented lifestyle.  Like I've mentioned in the past, the only reason I'm not following any kind of workout regimen is because I want to test the effectiveness of diet without a change in exercise as the (rather well-founded) hypothesis is that weight loss has little to nothing to do with exercise.  In my case, that hypothesis has held water.
Of course, this isn't to say that there's NO merit in exercise.  In fact, I believe quite the contrary.  Being active is good for the body, heart and mind and I see no reason to bash it.  It just pains me to see heavy people beat the crap out of themselves, drive up their hunger level, and most times just give up in the end out of the drive to look thinner.  If you can get the diet in line, the exercise can be independent of it and compliment overall health. In this situation, losing the weight first will help motivate and the level of effort isn't too discouraging.
Of course, I always hear the "I couldn't live without carbs" rhetoric.  In which case I say "Fuck off, whiner".

-P

No comments:

Post a Comment