Friday, September 23, 2011

The inevitable slow-down

I've finally reached that point in my weight loss where I'm creeping into the hard-won pounds. On the plus side, that means I'm getting closer to target weight. On the minus side, I want to break my scale. C'est la vie.

Another interesting thing I learned recently is that my scale is an asshole. I tend to weigh myself pretty regularly now just to get an idea of where my daily fluctuations are, but a few days ago, I immediately stepped on the scale a second time because I wasn't paying attention the first time. I took note of my weight and went about my day. Later that night, I re-weighed myself to see where I stood at the end of the day, and I was over 2lbs lighter! That was exciting at first, but I had to verify. I reset the scale and stepped on it once again. 2lbs came back. Apparently, my scale has this weird way of subtracting between one and two pounds upon the first step on it. This is a scale that is advertised as being extremely accurate. Fuck that scale.

So, I'm going to start doing my research and find a proper, accurate digital scale. Hell, I could have lost 90lbs for all I know at this point. Seriously, fuck that scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment